Saturday, March 19, 2011

Boat Dolly

Rosa J is a little big to manhadle by myself, just off the back of the ute. I really needed some type of trailer.



My cunning plan was to cut up a couple of old bikes and with a length of 30mm x 1.6mm SHS steel have a two wheeled dolly that would help me move the boat around. I thought it would just sit there nicely while I lowered the boat down off the ute. I don't know why I thought that, engineering design is another self-taught skill that hasn't really developed yet. But from challenges such as these, genius springs. At least I'm hoping it does because right now I have a two wheeled bit of scrap steel.




I think with a couple of extra lock-in bars I should be right. As they say in the classics... back to the drawing board (or in this case, Google Sketchup).

No comments:

Post a Comment